This workshop is for artists and art lovers with some drawing experience. No prior knowledge of watercolor technique is necessary.
8 classes of 3 hours each, a total of 24 hours.
Classes are on thursdays 6-9pm,
Duration: 2 months
Limit: 6 students
The class is a live online experience and you need internet connection and a computer device in order to attend. More details in the description below.
Over the course of 8 weeks, artists will complete a minimum of 6 portraits from photo reference starting from monochrome in order to focus on tonal values and introducing color gradually as the program suggests. A series of exercises and anatomy details will be introduced at the beginning of each session. Homeworks are assigned according to the level of each participating artist . Each week artists will submit images of their work for critiques.
Note: The class is a live online experience conducted on a free platform.
It will be necessary for students to have access to a google account. A computer, tablet or smartphone will be necessary in order to take this workshop: we recommend a laptop or desktop.
Here is a list of materials that you should have in order to get the best out of this workshop. Try to use good brands and heavy weight watercolor paper.
Update: considering that most providers don't deliver during quarantine times use what you have available.
- watercolor paper of approx. 35x25cm (14x10in) 300g - 140lb cold pressed
- watercolor brushes round tip, one fine (liner), one medium, one big and a flat synthetic medium size brush for corrections.
- watercolors Van Dyke Brown, Yellow Ocher, Alizarin Red, Burnt Sienna, Sepia, Ultramarine Blue and Cobalt Blue.
- A plastic palette with spaces to mix tones.
- 2 small containers for water, the second is to keep clean water for corrections.
- Blue tape or a clip to attach to a rigid support (only in case that you use a sheet).
- Paper towels.