This workshop is for artists and art lovers with some drawing experience. No prior knowledge of watercolor technique is necessary.
8 classes of 3 hours each, a total of 24 hours + 1h personal review.
Classes are on Thursdays 6-9pm,
Duration: 2 months
Limit: 6/8 students
The class is a live online experience via Zoom and you need an internet connection in order to attend.
Over the course of 2 months artists will complete a minimum of 6 portraits from photo reference. We start with monochrome in order to focus on tonal values and we add color gradually as the program suggests. A series of exercises and anatomy details will be introduced at the beginning of each session.
Homework is assigned according to the level of each participating artist . Each week artists will submit images of their work for critiques.
Note: The class is a live online experience conducted on a free platform. It will be necessary for students to have access to a google account. A computer, tablet or smartphone will be necessary in order to take this workshop: we recommend a laptop or desktop.
Here is a list of materials that you should have in order to get the best out of this workshop. Try to use good brands and heavy weight watercolor paper, if in doubt just ask writing to contact.
- watercolor paper of approx. 35x25cm (14x10in) 300g - 140lb cold pressed
- watercolor brushes round tip, one fine (liner), one medium, one big and a flat synthetic medium size brush for corrections.
- watercolors: Van Dyke Brown, Yellow Ocher, Alizarin Red, Burnt Sienna, Sepia, Ultramarine Blue and Cobalt Blue.
- A plastic palette with spaces to mix tones.
- 2 containers for water, the second is to keep clean water for corrections.
- Blue tape or a clip to attach your paper to a rigid support
- Paper towels.
write here to receive a detailed program.
Made with Mobirise web template